Computer Support Technician
|April 30, 2013 - May 30, 2013|
|Salary Range:||to be disclosed at interview|
|Benefits:||1st day of the month following successful completion of 90 day trial period|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Data Processing/Country Club Road|
|Description:||Act as a technical resource in assisting users to resolve problems with equipment and data; staffs a centralized help desk to facilitate exchange of information and implement solutions.|
|Duties:|| - Assists users in the use of standard business and administrative software, including word processing, spreadsheets and database management; provides instruction or written documentation where required.|
- Troubleshoots problems with computer systems, including troubleshooting hardware and software, e-mail, network and peripheral equipment problems; makes repairs and corrections where required.
- Installs, configures and upgrades operating systems and software using standard business and administrative packages.
- Installs, assembles and configures computers, monitors, network infrastructure and peripherals such as printers, scanners and related hardware.
- Pulls cables and rewires cables as required for new installations and office reconfiguration.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level as assigned.
|Qualifications:|| - Able to operate and use all office equipment|
- Able to read, write, speak and understand English well
- Excellent computer skills such as Excel, Word and Navigator
- Proficient with computer systems including troubleshooting hardware and software
- Able to multi-task
- Able to install, assemble and configure computers, monitors network infrastructure and printers, scanners and related hardware
- Most possess a mobility to work in a standard office setting
- Able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds and pull and rewire cables
- A college degree or specialized training in Information Systems Support required
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.